Renewal of a British passport in a European country: If you’re a British citizen who has to renew your passport while visiting another European country, the process might be scary. But it’s not as difficult as it seems!
We’ll guide you through the steps to renew your passport from another European country in this blog post. We’ll also advise making the operation go as smoothly as possible. Let’s start the celebrations!
If you reside in Europe, don’t be worried. Passport renewals may be done online (except by sending in your old passport). The critical difference between passport renewals in other parts of Europe is that they now take a little longer. It is crucial to begin the procedure as soon as feasible to minimise delays.
Renewal of a British passport in a European country
The steps to renewing your ticket from another European country are as follows,
- Please fill out an application form and submit it together with the application fee. To begin your online application, please click here.
- You’ll be requested to submit digital passport photographs and your old passport.
- After your application and accompanying documents have been received and approved, to get a passport.
- The whole procedure might take up to eight weeks, so start the renewal process now!
- What do I need to start the process of renewing my passport?
- You must fill out the online passport renewal applications if you believe your UK passport is due for renewal.
- Remember that all forms must be filled out completely and accurately since any mistake (even a little one) may result in a rejection, forcing you to start again.
- How long does it generally take when renew a British passport from Europe?
- Passport renewal in the United Kingdom typically takes 4 to 6 weeks. Allow an extra week or two if you are not located in the United Kingdom.
- If your passport’s stamp pages have run out, you’ll need to renew it since many nations need at least two blank pages for entry.
- Finally, if your passport is more than 10 years old (even though it is still technically valid), it is good to renew it since many airlines and border officers will have difficulties with it.
What if my United Kingdom passport has already expired?
If your passport has expired for more than 10 years, getting a new one is similar to getting a new passport for the first time in that it is more complicated than a simple renewal.
If my British passport is stolen or misplaced, what should I do?
First and foremost, be calm! You should contact your nearby police headquarters and submit an authority police question assuming your identification is taken or lost.
After that, go to the British High Commission, Embassy, or Consulate in your town or city to apply for an emergency travel document.
If you have an emergency travel document, you will be permitted to travel according to your schedule.
If you are not planning on travelling anytime soon, you should seek guidance from the British High Commission, Embassy, or Consulate about getting a new passport.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Passport Renewed in UK?
You may book an appointment at a passport office if you need your passport renewed in the next three weeks rather than the usual three months. A regular visit lasts about 30 minutes.
You may use either the online premium service or the one-week rapid track service to apply. The online option costs £177 (or £187 for a 50-page frequent traveller passport) and is only available for adult passports issued after December 31, 2001. Before picking up the passport at the appointment, applicants must make an appointment, take a digital photo, fill out the forms online, and pay.
Renewal costs £142 for an adult passport (or £152 for a 50-page frequent traveller passport) and £122 for a child passport (or £132 for a 50-page regular traveller passport). Appointments must be planned and paid online, and application papers must collect via a post office. Bring two printed passport photos, your completed application forms, and necessary supporting documents.
What are the rules regarding passport photos?
Every time you renew your passport, you must provide digital photographs, either digital photos for an online application or printed images for a paper application. In both cases, the picture had to have been taken within the last month.
There must be no other goods or people in the frame, and the photo must be sharp, in focus, and colour. Red-eye images will not accept, and backdrops must be simple and light in colour.
There ought to be no shadows or whatever else covering your face. Except if utilised for strict or clinical reasons, scenes and headcovers should be eliminated.
Images must be at least 600 pixels wide and 750 pixels in height. The file must be at least 50KB and no more than 10MB in size.
The standard size for photos taken in UK photo booths is 45mm high by 35mm wide for print pictures. The images must be appropriately reproduced and not crumpled or torn. Keep the pictures separate and unconnected from the application form while sending.
Adult passports must renew every ten years, and the UK government estimates that it will take up to ten weeks. The process is quicker online than it is through the mail. An adult passport renewal costs £75.50, while a child passport renewal costs £49. You’ll need a digital photo, credit or debit card, and your existing passport to fill out the passport service form.
Get the application form at a post office that offers the Check and Send service or call the Passport Adviceline to complete the process via mail. Two identical printed photos must send. The paper application cost is £85 and may be paid by cheque, debit, or credit card made payable to “Her Majesty’s Passport Office. We hope that this blog post proved helpful in clarifying the procedures for renewing your British passport from outside of Europe.