How to Connect AirPods to an iPhone is covered in this tutorial. This lesson has been changed, and we will do our best to guarantee that you understand it. We hope you like this blog post, How to Connect AirPods to iPhone. If you answered yes after reading the article, please share it with your friends and family to show your support.
How to Connect AirPods to iPhone?
- Put your AirPods in their case and shut it to connect them to an iPhone. Then, on your iPhone, go to the home screen and open the AirPods case while holding it near your iPhone. Finally, when the setup screen appears, hit Connect.
- Close the case with your AirPods inside. You should leave the AirPods in their case for 15 seconds.
- Make sure your fully charge before attempting to pair Airpods. For more information, read our step-by-step explanation on how to check the battery level of your AirPods here.
- Then return to the home screen of your iPhone. You can accomplish this on previous iPhones by pushing the Home button at the bottom of the screen. You must swiftly swipe up from the bottom of your screen with an iPhone X or newer.
- Next, open your AirPods case and place it next to your iPhone. Keep your AirPods in the open case near your iPhone for the most outstanding performance.
- Then, when the setup prompt appears on your iPhone, hit Connect. If you’re connecting your AirPods to this iPhone for the first time, the setup prompt will lead you through extra choices, such as enabling the “Hey Siri” function.
- Finally, to connect your AirPods, follow the on-screen instructions and hit Done. You may also skip all stages by pressing the “x” in the pop-up window’s top-right corner.
When you connect AirPods to your iPhone, they should reconnect automatically every time you place them in your ears. You won’t have to go through the setup procedure; instead, a little message will display at the top of your screen informing you that your AirPods are linked.
If you don’t see the Connect button or are experiencing trouble connecting your AirPods with your iPhone, you may have to touch them manually. Here’s how it’s done:
How to Pair Your AirPods with Your iPhone Manually?
Place your AirPods in their case and shut it to connect them to your iPhone manually. Then, next to your iPhone, unzip the cover and push and hold the case’s button until a flashing white light illuminates the issue. Finally, when it displays on your screen, hit Connect.
The Status light will be on the front of your case if you have the AirPods Pro. If you have an older model, this light will present your problem.
If you have the AirPods Pro, the Status light will be on the front of your case. This light will be visible on your issue if you have an earlier model.
What to Do If Your AirPods Aren’t Connecting?
If your AirPods not connecting to your iPhone, try restarting Bluetooth, removing Low Power mode, switching your iPhone’s audio output, and detaching any other Bluetooth devices. Finally, you may attempt to update your iPhone or reset your AirPods.
Turn on and off Bluetooth
The most straightforward approach is turning Bluetooth off, waiting a few seconds, and turning it on. It can often reset your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings, allowing you to connect your AirPods.
To disable Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and then press the slider next to Bluetooth. When the slider becomes green, Bluetooth is on. You may also easily toggle Bluetooth off and on by touching the Bluetooth icon in the Control Center on your iPhone.
Turn off Low Power mode
Some people report having difficulty connecting to an AirPods when it is in Low Power mode. This option intends to keep your iPhone functioning longer when the battery runs low. However, certain functionality may not operate until this setting removes or the iPhone charges beyond 80%.
To turn off Low Power Mode on your iPhone, go to Settings > Battery and drag the slider next to Low Power Mode to the right. When the slider becomes grey, you know it’s turned off. You may also turn it off from your iPhone’s Control Center by pressing the yellow battery symbol.
Change your iPhone’s audio output to your AirPods
If your AirPods connect to an iPhone, but you can’t hear anything, another Bluetooth device may be playing your music. Change the audio output on your iPhone, and you should be able to hear music through your AirPods.
Open the Control Center and press the AirPlay button to change your iPhone’s audio output. It’s a triangle-shaped button with circles extending from the top in the upper-right corner of your screen. Finally, choose your AirPods from the list to change the audio output.
Remove any Bluetooth devices from your iPhone
If you have a collection of Bluetooth headphones, speakers, and other audio devices, your iPhone may try to connect to them before your AirPods can. You may need to unplug other devices before connecting your AirPods to your iPhone.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth and press the I to the right of your Bluetooth device’s name to disconnect it from your iPhone. After that, choose Disconnect or Forget This Device. If you select to forget the device, you will have to set it up from scratch the next time you wish to connect it.
You should update your iPhone
When connecting AirPods to an iPhone, Apple recommends using the latest recent software. Only iPhones running iOS 13.2 or later are compatible with AirPods Pro. The AirPods 2 work with iOS 12.2 and later. AirPods 1 are compatible with iOS 10 and later.
Go to Settings > General > Software Upgrade to update your iPhone. Your iOS version will show here. Choose Download and Install if an update is available. Also, while the update is going, keep your iPhone charged.
AirPods were designed to connect to your iPhone seamlessly, so pairing them is simple. However, like with any Bluetooth gadget, there may be issues relating your AirPods to an iPhone. Above’s how to pair your AirPods with your iPhone and what to do if they don’t connect.